Saturday, April 15, 2017

Creative Table - Week 7 {Easter}

I do enjoy the freedom of not centering our creative table around themes; however, when it is a holiday I can't resist! This week's theme, of course, was Easter! We've done some incredibly fun projects in the past, with such a variety of activities! Please take a look back at the following units, or keep scrolling to see what we did this week:




MONDAY INVITATION - DRAWING or WRITING PROMPT

{Complete the Picture - Symmetry Drawings}

I love this drawing prompt, and have seen several types on Pinterest. So I created three options, using coloring pages from the Internet. For the invitation, I provided a pencil for each of the kids, and a multitude of crayons!


Here is a close-up of our three drawing choices:


Honey Pot loves drawing, and I knew she'd want to complete each one!


Here are her creations--super cute!!


Little M&M has become more interested in drawing prompts recently, and I was so proud of his efforts today too! He seemed to really enjoy this!


He used yellow for the chick, so it didn't capture well, but here are his completed drawings. Adorable!


WEDNESDAY INVITATION - ART or CRAFT

{Collage Eggs}

For today's craft I provided assorted materials including markers, stamps, scissors, glue, ribbon, pompoms and foam stickers. I set out the invitation by leaving an egg-shaped piece of foam in front of each of their seats. I also left a paper template of the egg in front of the remaining pieces of foam, in case they wanted to make more!


They sure did! I think the sheer volume of supplies in front of them really piqued their interest in this craft. They were tracing the template, cutting out eggs, and decorating for a long while!





At the end of their creative session, this is what they had come up with. Some ordinary eggs with patterns and textures, some Pokemon eggs (Little M&M's main contribution) and a whole basket of eggs made by Honey Pot (on the left there). They were so proud of their creations, and had such a fun time.


Here they are up close:





FRIDAY INVITATION - SENSORY or STEM

It was a busy time of the week for us, so I set out a few very quick invitations for our STEM activities. First I started with this free printable from Picklebums. It is a Find and Color, and the kids both worked hard on these! I thought this page wouldn't be popular, due to the commitment it requires. But I was so surprised when both kids sat down and completed the entire thing with such interest!





For the next activity I printed these two mazes from Artsy Momma. I had forgotten how much Honey Pot and Little M&M enjoy mazes! I placed each inside a plastic sheet to save on printing, and had the kids use dry erase markers.




I knew I wanted to use some leftover plastic eggs for a STEM activity, but didn't know what to do! Finally I stumbled upon this idea from Frugal Fun for Boys, and knew it'd be perfect. I stuck some golf tees into our trusty piece of Dollar Tree floral foam, and left beside it a bucket of plastic egg halves to be stacked and balanced.


This was mostly for Little M&M to do while Honey Pot worked on her homework for school. He liked the challenge!


Later Honey Pot came over to see what he was doing, and took an interest too.



So she tried it out later!


And while she did that, I quickly set up a pattern egg activity for Little M&M as well. We've done this in various forms since 2014, and the kids enjoy it.


So there it is: an easy, Easter week at the creative table! We have something super special planned for next week, so stay tuned!